This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge Module Destination

1 reply to this topic

sudarshan123

sudarshan123
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 18:33

Hi there,
This is my first post in here.
Following is my question.
I have a merge module consiting of different files, all of which have the destination set to installdir.
Now I am using this merge module for a msi.
When the msi is launched and the user changes the default destination folder, all files/folders included in the msi gets installed under the destination folder specified by the user.
Only the merge module goes to a different destination (which is the default destination for the msi).
I could understand from different posts that the target destination of a merge module can be changed depending on how the module has been authored.
I am new with Installshield, so any help on this topic will be immensely appreciated.
Sudarshan

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 14:58

First, make sure that all the components in the merge module are set to INSTALLDIR (which you said you did).

Then, when you add the merge module to a project, right click its name in the Redistributables view and click properties. Under Destination, choose [INSTALLDIR].
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com