This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Extended characters mangled in SdLicense dialog

1 reply to this topic

klockitt

klockitt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 06:03

Our German and French license agreement text files contain accented (extended) characters. The text file is Unicode encoded and displays correctly using Notepad in Windows. However, these characters display as black vertical bars or other wierd characters when the installer displays the license agreement in the SdLicense dialog.

How do I get text files containing accented characters to display correctly in the License Agreement dialog?

MKaiser

MKaiser
  • Full Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 09:12

Correct me if I'm wrong but the builtin dialogs of InstallShield were not able to display unicode strings cause they are ascii based. I assume that you already know that unicode support is only part of Windows NT4, Win2K and XP. Trying to use unicode in Windows 9X/ME is not a good idea imo.

One workaround could be that you develop your own SDLicense Dialog as part of an MFC Extension DLL or so.

I don't know if InstallDialogue is capable of displaying unicode strings in dialogs.

Regards,
Marko