This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component dependicies

3 replies to this topic

comecme

comecme
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 16:07

I want to install a component only if the component is to be installed locally. I've tried the condition $componentname=3 but that doesn't work. The component doesn't get installed. I've also tried refering to another comopnent or refering to a feature, but in each case, the component doesn't get installed.

Any ideas on how I migh achieve my goal?
Dick Nagtegaal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 17:46

If you want to prevent the component from being run from source you could simply set the appropriate attribute flag to enforce installation to local hard disk.

comecme

comecme
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 18:12

That's not what I mean. The MSI is set to Run From Source by default. But it must also be possible to do a local install (i.e. by specifying ADDLOCAL=ALL). In the case the MSI is being installad locally, this one component should get installed. In case of a Run From Source install the component shouldn't be installed.

In this case, the application contains a INI file that is on the source and contains an entry that points to the source folder. If the application is installed localy, that INI file should be changed to make it point to the local folder. So I've created a component that edits the INI file, but that component should only be installed in case of a local install.
Dick Nagtegaal

comecme

comecme
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 13:17

Found a work around for this. I've created a seperate feature for the component, and that feature has the condition &FeatureName=3.
Dick Nagtegaal