This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How To UN Register COM Server DLL

2 replies to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 15:16

Board members if you have the clue or answer to my problem Please reply my queries.

I have two DLL which are registered using COM Server Component self register option. It is registering well. However after un-installing the application I find the folder containg the DLL is removed but using regedit I find the classID is still present for that DLL pointing to the installed folder.

I want to know what setting I have to do to remove it during uninstallation.

2. What are the step or setting should be done to check if there is any previous version or higher version of the COM Dll exists. So that it gives a message before installation.

Thanks

Sanjoy_gr@yahoo.co.in

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 18:40

As a first test I would try: Install, then run regsvr32 /u on those files. Do they unregister properly? If not there's a bug in your files.

However extracting COM is more stable than self-registering. Try and set "COM extract at build" to yes. This should work. Of course you must test this on a clean, fresh OS image to be sure there are no remainders from a previous test left behind.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:04

Dear Stefan,

1. The DLL are unregistering using regsvr32/u.

2. I had previously put com extract at build=yes but not put self register in the property to checked.
In that case it is not registering.
Should I put extractat build = yes and check the self registry option also?

My aim is to check that when I uninstall my application this particular DLL is removed from CLSID as it could be seen existing when used regedit even though tha appliation folder is removed using Add/Remove Program.

Edited by sanjoygr, 09 March 2006 - 13:48.