This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System Search for reg value

3 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 18:53

K, this may be a simple one... I use the system search to find the data in a DWORD in the registry. I assign the data to a property and use it as a condition for other stuff. Looking at my logfile, I could tell that the action didn't run as I expected so I looked at the property. The value in the property has a # in front, (ie. #4 instead of just 4) I can't put a # in a condition. How do I get rid of that # so I can get back just 4?

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 19:40

# indictaes the type of the value (documented in the MSI help). If you need to remove it the only way is a custom action.
Why can't you use a # in a condition? How does your condition look like?

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 17:29

Well, if I try to write
CODE
PROPERTY=#4
in the condition field I get a pop-up error immediately in the IDE saying "The data entered is invalid". Would it be the same if I just put
CODE
PROPERTY=4

I can't seem to find the spot in the help system where it talks about this. Perhaps if you could tell me where to look in the help I could figure it out. (I do usually try to search the help pages before posting questions!) Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 21:45

Try this:
PROPERTY="#4"