This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Arguments in Basic MSI

3 replies to this topic

NYAKO

NYAKO
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:40

If i run my app.msi in comandline my program updates perfect

msiexec.exe /i app.msi REINSTALLMODE=vomus

But if i run the application from the window, appears a messagebox showing the there is installed a version of this product.

In release properties, there is MSI Command Line Arguments. I write REINSTALLMODE=vomus, but this doesn't run ok.

How should I configure this?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 18:57

The msi command line arguments in release view are only effective if you launch your setup via setup.exe but not by double clicking the msi file.

NYAKO

NYAKO
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:12

OK.

How Can I update my program clicking my app.msi ?
If I try to generate a minor upgrade, but it needs a setup.exe, and i want a app.msi

If i generate a new .msi with the changes, when starts the installation appears a messagebox: "Another version of this product is already installed."
I try to change de package code too, but i get the same result

Thanks.

Edited by NYAKO, 02 October 2003 - 09:27.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:22

You will have to pass in the command line arguments via msiexec.exe in this case.
The alternative would be to create a patch (.msp).
It's not possible to perfom a Minor Update by simply clicking on the .msi file. This only works for Major Upgrades (where the ProductCode changes)