This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

reboot question

4 replies to this topic

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:14

in my basic MSI install there is a situation where a reboot is required.

normally on the SetupCompleteSuccess screen i have a checkbox asking if the user wants to launch the program. when a reboot is necessary i would like to change this to ask if the user would like to reboot their machine.

how to do this?

also... when my basic MSI install needs to reboot it flashes another dialog after SetupCompleteSuccess that asks if the user would like to reboot YES/NO. how can i disable this dialog so the user doesn't experience the reboot question twice.

OR!

how can i disable the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog so all that is seen is the reboot question. that might be a better solution.

Edited by dtasanas, 05 March 2005 - 01:16.

Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:25

The ScheduleReboot Action will schedule a reboot at the end of the install. You can probalby condition this action if you like.

Also, MsiGetMode will tell you if the installer is going to reboot at the end.

You will probably need to try a few combinations and see which one works best for your install.

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 18:43

so how does one turn off SetupCompleteSuccess?

or just turn off the question to launch program within SetupComleteSuccess.

i tried setting LAUNCHPROGRAM to 0 and SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM to 0. neither seem to do anything.

Edited by dtasanas, 08 March 2005 - 20:45.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 15:15

Remove these two properties and see if that helps (seeting them to 0 may not be sufficient). rebuild and make sure you change the PackageCode each time you build (InstallShield usually does this automatically for you)

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 20:07

i found it... there's another property PROGRAMFILETOLAUNCHATEND that also needs to be removed.