This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing MSXML4 problem using merge module on XP

1 reply to this topic

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 16:54

I have added the msxml4 mergemodule to my setup project.  The install works fine for everything but XP.  I read in another posting that XP already has msxml4, but when I do a search, I don't find any of the msxml4 files.  I get the 2762 error during runtime.  If I disable the installation of the merge module, then my install works fine.  There seems to be something I am missing here.  

Anyone have any ideas?  I can install the msxml4 using the msxml.msi that Microsoft has on XP, but I don't want to go that route when we install our product we need to use the merge module.

Anyone?

thanks in advance,

-daren kobata
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 19:50

Nevermind, I found the problem.  Apparently you can't use the msxml4 merge module if you are using the ISWI 2.01 version, or any other version than the 7.02 version.  Or a greater version than 7.0.  Apparently Microsoft does something to the merge module that is not supported in the older releases.
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]