This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Validation of User Name and Organization fields in

4 replies to this topic

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:36

Hi,

I have created a BasicMsi project. In the dialog view(CustomerInformation dialog), end user is giving Username and Company name and installation goes on successfull while clicking next option. But even after giving Empty values to Username and Company name, installation goes on successfull. .

I want to restrict the installation of taking NULL values. I mean to say username and company name in customer information dialog should not accept empty values.. I was bit confused of what condition needs to give for the control NEXT in behaviour view ....
Please find the attached snapshot of it...

Can anybody provide solution for this

Attached Images

• IS_Error.JPG

Edited by vPanchumarthi, 18 May 2009 - 12:38.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:40

To test if a string is empty you can simply use the property name as a condition:
USERNAME
If the string is empty, this will evaluate to false, for a non-empty string it will be true. Alternatibely you could use
USERNAME <> ""

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:23

Thank you stefan smile.gif

It worked for me with the following validation :

Action Condition:
Disable USERNAME = "" OR COMPANYNAME = ""
Enable USERNAME <> "" AND COMPANYNAME <> ""

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:04

Note that nable and Disable are updated when the the edit field loses focus, not when you type.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:25

Thank you stefan smile.gif