This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

No Programs Installed

2 replies to this topic

templebl

templebl
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 18:13

I'm not sure if this should be under this forum or somewhere else.  We have two machines that have problems with Add/Remove Programs.  It shows "No programs are installed on this computer", but I can scroll down and see all the programs which are installed.  However, if I click on one of the programs, it thinks for a moment, then gives an exception error for mshta.exe, and ARP closes.

I can still install programs.  I can remove programs by rerunning the install and selecting Remove.  But Add/Remove Programs is unusable.
On both machines this happened after installing/uninstalling one of the installs I have created.  So I would like to figure out what I have done in the install to cause this and how to fix it without reinstalling the operating system.

I have looked on Microft TechNet and MSDN sites with no luck.  Has anyone seen this before?
Temple Blackwood

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 19:12

Hi there,

Check out for some HKCR\LM keys. I suppose your msi is uninstalling some HKCR\LM keys which point to ARP functionality.

eg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\Add-Remove_Programs
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)

mica

mica
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:15

I've seen this problem in three machines. But I've not found any good solutions (except reinstalling the Windows). And I've no idea, what could cause this. So if anyone knows anything about this, please tell me!