This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditionally Terminate Install

1 reply to this topic

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2001 - 14:36

I am using the AppSearch Table and the RegLocater table to find a version of a legacy app.  I read the version from the registry key and store it in a Public Property LEGACYAPPVERSION.

In order to install my new application you must have Version 2.5 or higher or the legacy application, and this check is only applicable where a user has selected a particular feature.  To this end I am using the following condition on a Type19 CA.

Not Installed And (&MyFeature>2) And (LEGACYAPPVERSION<"2.5")

I have made this work, but only by putting the AppSearch in the InstallationUI Sequence (It seems that this is the only place I can set the public property - Is this true?), and the CA in the Installation Execute sequence, because I can only query the Feature-State after Cost Finalize (Is thia true?).

So, I am not happy with this solution, because if someone executes in Silent mode - the AppSearch will not run.  Surely you can set properties in the execute sequence?

I would appreciate any comments on the way I'm tackling this problem, because it does seem like a simple and common task to perform.

Thanks,
Martin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 22:48

You should have AppSearch in both sequences, as well as the type 19 CA. The CA should be after the costing - actually after the dialogs where the user makes the feature selection.
The alternative would be to hide that feature if the condition is false, so it can't be selected.