This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with SetupType

1 reply to this topic

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 13:53

Hi

In my setup type dialog I have renamed my two setup types as follows:

Complete renamed to Enterprise.

and

Custom renamed to Standalone.

I updated the Value properties of the two radio buttons to be Enterprise and Standalone accordingingly.

At the moment I have just one Feature and to test if my setuptype was working I've added the condition:

Level 101: _IsSetupTypeMin = "Standalone"

In my Property manager INSTALLLEVEL is set to 100 and _SetupTypeMin is initially set to Enterprise

So I was expecting when i install that if i select setuptype "Standalone" the install level of my Feature would be set to 101 and therefore would not be installed?

But it always installs the Feature whichever setuptype i select. :(

If in the Property Manager I set _IsSetupTypeMin to = Standalone then the feature never gets installed. So it seems as if my SetupType dialog isnt updating the property _IsSetupTypeMin to the values I'm expecting (Enterprise or Standalone)? or is it something else?

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Any advice much appreciated.

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 15:12

Hi
I've figured this out now so dont reply.

Instead of trying to check which setuptype i had selected and setting the install level of the Feature I set the install level on the next button of the SetupType Dialog.

One important thing though is the SetInstallLevel Action must be at the top of the list in the Next button behaviour. Originally i had it at the bottom and it was moving to the Next Dialog with performing the SetInstallLevel.

Thanks to anyone who read my initial post