This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Minor upgrade and Error 1316

2 replies to this topic

shippy

shippy
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 16:25

I am trying to perform a simple minor upgrade on an existing application. The upgrade is an .msi file with a different name than the original. Upon execution of the upgrade, I get a 1316 network error that says it can't find the orginal .msi file.

Why does it require the original? Is it enough to just give the upgraded .msi file the same name? Or do I have to leave the original .msi file around?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:34

You should run the upgrade in log mode to see what it happening, but it sounds like to me that the old install requires the source to either upgrade or uninstall.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:47

You can't do that. A minor update is defined as an update where the ProductCode doesn't change. However changing the .msi file name requires that you also change the ProductCode. Your options are:

• don't change the .msi file name
  • create a Major Upgrade by changing the ProductCode and populate the Upgrade table