This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Making a multilingual installer in InstallShield X

4 replies to this topic

souvik04in

souvik04in
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:15

Hi All,

I am using InstallShield X to build a multi-lingual installer. The design/requirement for this kind is that the installer would be built with support for 7 different loc languages. Also, the end output of the installer would be just the .msi file and nothing else. Now, I have been trying to build the release target with different combination of the settings in InstallShieldX but am unable to compress all the language transforms into the msi file. Is there any way by which we can do this? Our customers donot want to have all the language transforms scattered in the media.

Please let me know.

Any help in the regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Souvik

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 13:43

Did you try the steps described in this article:
Multi-Language MSI Packages without Setup.exe Launcher
http://www.installsi...dlang/index.htm

souvik04in

souvik04in
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:50

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer.

Our project is using a script which embeds the language transform into the MSI. But, at the end, the summary information contains the format as 0,1033 which prevents the installer from launching in the corresponding language UI. If I remove the 0, then, it works fine. Is it possible to achieve the correct result without manual intervention in the project.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Souvik

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 17:11

Could your script remove the 0?

souvik04in

souvik04in
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:57

Hi Stefan,

No, the script is unable to remove 0. That's where we are stuck.

If you could show me some pointers, then, it would be great for me.

Thanks,

Souvik