This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Globalization

3 replies to this topic

in_install

in_install
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 13:33

There are around 25 languages need to be supported by the product. Installer for the product is MSI project . As if now, we are just supporting English language.

I have following problems during Globalization:

1. There should be one <lang-id>.lng file installed on system after installation. Which .lng is picked up depends on which language user selects during installation.
How to do that.

2. There is a common file name for different languages and are located in .....\A\<lang>\a.chm, according to language selected by user , corresponding a.chm should be installed on system

How to achieve that. I am using Microsoft Installshield 10 to build.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by in_install, 19 April 2006 - 10:10.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:16

In both cases you can conditionalize the components on the ProductLanguage property which will match the language the user selected in the language selection dialog (if you are localizing your setup in all those languages).

in_install

in_install
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:48

Will u please elaborate this with example.

What I understood:

make component for each language, and keep the language specific files in that component like .lng and .chm files and then put some condition like ProductLanguage=";1033 ", ProductLanguage=";1053 "...Now at run time during installation only one component with the matching lang id will be installed.

Let me know If I undersood correct.

in_install

in_install
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:13

Finally got it. Thanks.