This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom action type 50 target problems

3 replies to this topic

ab2cv

ab2cv
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 13:43

I've created an MSI package to install the latest version of Sophos Anti-Virus, using a custom action to call the setup.exe from a network location. This part works fine. However, when I add the setup.exe arguments to the target column of the custom action table, the custom action fails to work. I am supplying parameters to allow the silent install of Sophos and also to get it to uninstall the previous version. My ca table looks something like the following;

Action SETUP
Type 3634 (type 50+1024(inscript)+512(commit)+2048(no impersonate) )
Source SETUP_PATH
Target -mng yes -updp \\domainname\DFS\INTERCHK\ESXP -user domainname\username -pwd password -s -ni

with the property table
SETUP_PATH \\domainname\DFS\INTERCHK\ESXP\setup.exe

and the CA scheduled to run just after install initialise (1502)

So is there a limit on how long the exe argument can be in the Target column, or is there some mis-interpretation problem? If I just run the setup.exe plus the argument as above from a command line then it works fine.

Alan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 15:50

What error message (and code) do you get when it fails? Can you post the relevant lines from your verbose log?

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 15:56

Have you tried it without the "msidbCustomActionTypeNoImpersonate" flag?

ab2cv

ab2cv
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 16:14

Thanks for the responses guys. After a bit of head scratching, I eventually realised that the Sophos setup.exe is calling its own MSI. Therefore my custom action wont work unless I try to set it up as a nested install type I guess.

Just for future debugging though, how do i set up / invoke the verbose logging feature?

Alan

Edited by ab2cv, 29 August 2005 - 16:24.