Posted 13 May 2006 - 20:29
you always suggest to use AddLocal and Remove event to hide feature at runtime dialog. but i have a problem using AddLocal event or it can be say that i don't know how to use it.
i have 2 feature :
- feature1 -> i set installlevel to 0(never install this feature) so it doesn't appears at feature dialog.
- feature2 -> i set installlevel to 3(normal) so it appears ot feature dialog.
i put the event at next button on a dialog before select feature dialog.
- dialog2 -> i put the event at next button on this dialog.
- select feature dialog
i put this into next button :
event : AddLocal
argument : feature1
condition : 1
when i run the installation, after i click next button in dialog2. the feature1 in select feature still doesn't appears!! do you know what is wrong with my step ?? how i should set the installlevel of feature1 so i can show it at runtime dialog?? i have a plan after this work, i will change the condition base on user input.
Thanks stefan, i thing you have a great forum website!!
Posted 15 May 2006 - 16:20
If you want a feature that is invisible but can be selected using AddLocal then you could set it to invisible (i.e. Display = 0). But this is a static setting, you cannot change this at runtime.
Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:49
let say : i have 2 feature related with 2 property
"feature1" related with property show1 = 1
"feature2" related with property show2 = 1
in runtime/userdialog, if "show1" property is change into 2 value i want the "feature1" appears, otherwise if "show1" the value is still 1 then i want to disappears/hide "feature1". If i could not using Addlocal/Remove and CostInitialize with condition table because it can't be run in win 9X, do you have suggestion so i disappears/hide feature in runtime/userdialog ?? do you have another method ?? Thanks before.
Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:29
- don't use the feature tree dialog, but a custom dialog with a couple of check boxes for instance
- don't use Windows Installer's user interface but build your own external UI. There is a little documentation in the MSI SDK, but this is a non-trivial task that would require a lot of work and effort on your part.
Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:07
Thanks stefan for your kind.
Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:39
Posted 20 May 2006 - 20:15
now i will find out more about AppSearch and regLocator, because i dont have any experience using that things . Thanks and have a nice day.