This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Executing a Support File Executable

2 replies to this topic

MarkCollard

MarkCollard
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 13:47

I've added an executable file into the Support Files of my Basic MSI, as I want to run the file during the installation process, but don't want to install it.

I'll a little stuck on how to execute the file during the installation.

I've tried to create a "New Exe/Path In Property Value" custom action, but it won't let me put [SUPPORTDIR]MyExe.exe in the Executable Property of the custom action.

Help. Can someone, please tell me what I need to do to execute an executable in the support files?

Thank you

Regards
Mark

P.S.
I'm using DevStudio 9.0

Edited by MarkCollard, 25 November 2004 - 13:59.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 17:17

This would require one property that includes the full path to the executable, i.e. you would have to build an additional property (like MYSUPPORTFILE) and set it to [SUPPORTDIR]MyExe.exe using a set-a-property custom action.
However it may be better to use custom action type "executable stored in binary table" which will basically do the same.

MarkCollard

MarkCollard
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:07

I took your advice and created a "executable stored in binary table" custom action which works great.

Thanks for your help

Mark
biggrin.gif