This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Re-evaluating Component Conditions

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 16:52

Our software installation places some data files conditionally based on some attributes of a user entered registration code.

If the user no longer pays for a certain 'data' file, it should be removed with the next deployed iteration of our software.  A different registration code is issued to reflect this change.

Initially, the certain component was marked as Reevaluate Condition and my install seemed to do what it was supposed to.  The file no longer existed based on the condition that was reevaluated with information from the newly issued registration code.

My problem arose when I learned of the problem concerning components not being properly installed conditionally on 95 & 98 systems.  It seems now that I have embedded some of the data file components in sub-features (so they would install properly based on conditions on 95 & 98 machines) The reevaluate condition function no longer works as it initially did.

Is there a work around or is this a known problem?

All help GREATLY Appreciated!!!

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 12:12

Hello Superfreak,
Unfortunately I have no sollution to Your problem but one question for You - I have problems with components not being properly installed conditionally on w98 and I see You have read something about it - can You please give me some links to description of these problems?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 14:17

Here's what I have.  I hope it helps ...

http://support.installshield.com/kb/kbresults.asp?pm=win200pee&txtkeyword=&sm=all+words&txtarticleid=Q104845&gv=1&acat=both&sa=content&days=0&submit.x=32&submit.y=17

It's article Q104845 in InstallShield's knowledge base.