This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry value for ServicePackLevel

1 reply to this topic

kermit

kermit
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 14:25

Hi,

I'm a user of IDE 8 Basic MSI Projects. Some time ago I have made an installation package that runs on Win XP SP1. I used property 'ServicePackLevel' in InstallScript setup.rul file as install condition.

Now SP2 for Win XP is available I discovered that my installation contained a serious bug. It does not allow to install on Win XP SP2 because it doesn't test 'ServicePackLevel' = 2.

I thought, let's fake the OS and find the registry value which is used to fill the 'ServicePackLevel' property. But I can't find it. Changing the registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version' and key 'CSDVersion' does not help, even after changing it and restart the computer.

Can anybody please tell me how 'ServicePackLevel' property in MSI is filled from the registry? Or is it taken from an installed file somewhere in C:\WINNT ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
kermit

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 08:16

My bet is GetVersionEx:
http://msdn.microsof...etversionex.asp