This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent installation problem

6 replies to this topic

Artyom

Artyom
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 15:01

I have a problem to enable silent mode for an existing basic MSI project.
For silent mode I run: setup.exe /s /v"/qn"
Custom Actions that were in the UI sequence I've added also to execute sequence and added conditions on the UILevel (UILevel<>2 - in the UI sequence, UILevel=2 - in the execute).
While running in silent mode, Custom Actions that included only in execute sequence are not executed.
(Debugger showed that it terminates after last Custom Action of the above kind ends).
There are no problems running in normal mode.

I'm using InstallShield X - professional.

If anybody has an idea, please advice!

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 17:29

Remove the UILevel conditions. Instead set the action scheduling option to "run only once".

Artyom

Artyom
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:11

Having UILevel conditions removed and the action scheduling option set to "run only once" didn't help. Same result.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:19

Where in the sequence did you add these custom actions? Immediate mode? Deferred mode? Before or after InstallInitialize or InstallFinalize?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Artyom

Artyom
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 14:07

The custom actions that don't run in silent mode are located after InstallFinalize in the execution sequence.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 16:16

That would explain it. You will need to move these custom actions before InstallFinalize. If you do so they should be run in deferred mode. It is also possible to insert the actions after InstallFinalize in the immediate sequence: but this is technically terrible and WILL cause problems at some point.

Please note that deferred mode custom actions may require that you write properties into the execution mode using the CustomActionData property. This process is described in the MSI SDK.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Artyom

Artyom
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 17:08

InstallShield created 'ISSetupFilesCleanup' between InstallFinalize and my custom actions. Pushing it down to the end of the sequence solved the problem! Any way I'll try to move the custom actions before InstallFinalize.

Thank you all for your help!