Jump to content

This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.

Patch not replacing the files

1 reply to this topic


  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:39


I am using Installshield Devstudio 9.
I have one installshield project for a product installation.
I have installed my application on users machine.

But now i have to give some modified files (say .dll file) to the user.
This is a local installation.
I Create the Patch from the Patch design.
I have changed the verion of the files while compiling.
I have changed the Package code.
Also i changed the Package version.

My Patch is getting created with 0 errors and 0 warnings.
It runs fine. smile.gif

But still the new files are not getting copied to the users machine in the Applications directory. But if i remove the files from the installtion directory and run the patch (upgrade.exe) then the files in the patch are getting copied to the Installation folder and then application working fine.

Please suggest me the solution.


Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger


  • Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 17:14

Recommended steps:
1. Run update validation on your project
2. Generate a verbose log for the update. Check feature and component states. Check file selection states. Look for SELMGR messages.