This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Returned ProductState is wrong

2 replies to this topic

dxue

dxue
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 20:21

I found that Windows Installer's ProductState(ProductCode) method doesn't work with product that was installed by InstallShield. I created a installer using InstallShield Script project with the release configuration set as Single EXE. After installation on the target machine, I run another piece of InstallShield script in which I created an Windows Installer object and call the object's ProductState() method with the correct product code as the parameter. What surprised me is that the return code of the call is always -1, product not installed. This function always works with products installed by MSI packages. Does this mean that I have to do go to InstallShield's own location that caches all the installed packages and scan all the folders there to find the right answer? Does anyone know anything about it?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 21:54

InstallScript and Windows Installer are two seperate worlds. See also my reply here:
http://forum.install...showtopic=11404

dxue

dxue
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:28

Thank you Stefan for your reply.