This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

how to hide features based on condition during run time, project type

1 reply to this topic

gmpk82

gmpk82
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:48

hi,

for windows 2016 server OS we want to hide few features in our product. Can you please suggest me what is the best way to handle it.

before creating the setup.exe we update the feature properties by editing the msi tables. 

as per current behavior we made 2 features  feat1 AND feat2 are non default features, I mean if user chooses custom install type he can see those features state is in "deselected" mode, as per my requirement those should not be visible only on windows 2016 server.

I am able to figure out the OS type in installscript but only thing I need is hide the features

we use automation interface to achieve above said current settings in template to create multiple installers, so we use automation interface for adding features, components, files to template ism file.

I am looking for the help in automation script in VB. or any suggestion is greatly appreciated and would be helpful to me.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:33

I suggest you use the standard properties instead of Installscript to detect the OS.

To hide the feature, add a Feature Condition, setting the feature level to 0 to hide it.