This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

When SetupProgress Dialog is disappears?

5 replies to this topic

Kiril

Kiril
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 14:01

How can I run my custom action after SetupProgress dialog was closed and before SetupCompleteSucces appears.In my custom action I run other install.
I want show -> SetupProgress (Copy files) close it -> Run Custom Action (other Install) -> show  SetupCompleteSucces

SteveK

SteveK
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 19:51

The custom action wizard allows you to "launch another msi package".  Is there a reaon you can't use this?

Kiril

Kiril
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 08:20

It is not .msi package its Merge module custom action.

Zachmc

Zachmc
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 01:04

I am facing a similar quandary. I need to chain another, third-party, installer from my installer. However this needs to occur only if the user selects the appropriate feature to be installed.

Ideally the user will do the following:

1. Choose Custom-Setup
2. Select the desired modules (including the pertinent module for this question)
3. Press Next
---The installer should now proceed with the installation process, costing, copying, etc. At the end of this process the installer should launch a custom action that triggers the .exe for the third-party installer.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated!

Zach Miller-Catlin
Release Engineer

Kiril

Kiril
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2001 - 10:57

Ok I understand what you mean.
But I want launch my custom action between SetupProgress and FinishCompite dialogs.
I don't want see any dialog behind my third-party installation.