This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Errors in deploying CR11_RDC_RUNTIME.MSM

6 replies to this topic

dxue

dxue
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:28

I have included CR11_RDC_RUNTIME merge module from Business Objects for Crystal Reports XI into my setup project. In testing my setup, I encountered the following error:
"Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin\craxdrt.dll failed to register. HRESULT
-2147024770. Contact your support personnel."

I also tried to manually register the dll but failed on missing module error from REGSVR32.exe. I have scanned the dependencies but found nothing had been excluded from my setup. In another word, I don't have a clue what I am missing.

I know Stefan once involved in answering similar questions before in some website. But I could not locate the exact resolution. Anybody please help!

By the way, I was trying to find a way of installing Crystal Reports Viewer on some client machine that disallows internet downloaded programs. Does anyone else have a good idea how to achieve this? Your suggestion is appreciated.

Dong

Thomas Noll

Thomas Noll
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:01

QUOTE (dxue @ 2006-09-22 07:28)
I have included CR11_RDC_RUNTIME merge module from Business Objects for Crystal Reports XI into my setup project. In testing my setup, I encountered the following error:
"Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin\craxdrt.dll failed to register. HRESULT
-2147024770. Contact your support personnel."

Hi,

i get the same message!

I have included the CR11_rdc_Runtime.msm merge module only without the following:

- CR11_rdc_reportengine
- CR11_rdc_designtime

If i try to register the dll manually trough REGSVR32.exe i get an errormessage like "Can´t register because "cslibu-2-0.0.dll" not found".

I looked up the dll´s in the package "CR11_rdc_reportengine" and found the dll called "cslibu-2-0-0.dll".
So i tried to include the reportengine.msm too and surprise: It work´s without an errormessage but the setupfile is much bigger than before.

My question: Is there any solution to include _only_ CR11_rdc_runtime without the other .msm files wich come with the package "crXI_rdc_merge_modules" without getting errors?

Thank´s a lot in advance.

With best regards
Thomas Noll

GriffinSilver

GriffinSilver
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 23:52

Did anyone get this resolved? I am also getting this error. Please Help! Thanks.

nan

nan
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 00:53

You guys should use a decent installer like InstallAware where all these tasks are taken care of without any hassles. This is the Best Price Performance available in today's market. InstallAware allows you to convert exisiting MSI and MSM databases to MSIcode scripts. The Database Import Wizard available with InstallAware Studio Admin is a great tool for unpacking the contents and logic inside Windows Installer setup (MSI) or merge module (MSM) databases.

First, the Database Import Wizard performs an intelligent scan of the source database. It then extracts and/or copies files from source media, cabinets, and embedded database streams. Finally, the wizard generates a ready to build InstallAware project, complete with a customizable script, that can be used to instantly rebuild and customize the imported package.

InstallAware also deploy technology modules and runtimes, such as Microsoft SQL Express 2005 and Crystal Reports, from your setup in a single step. Any related preinstalls are added to your project automatically. Plus, the preinstall sequence branches by platform.

You can also include the runtimes and the nested dependencies in a single click.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:22

Your shameless promotion of your software in these fora is simply irritating. I wouldn't buy it purely on that basis. Please go away and spend your time in more profitable - and less opaque - marketing. Your last post has been reported to the forum moderator.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:25

I agree with VBScab, see also my reply at http://forum.install...topic=18135&hl=. I have contacted nan offline, asking to avoid this type of post.

lennartvdd

lennartvdd
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 19:20

I also got the same error.
You definately need the CR11_rdc_reportengine Merge module to get it working.

This dramatically increases the installers file size, but perhaps you can reduce it a bit by setting some of the (MergeModuleProperties) to 0 (not installing some functionality of the reportengine).

Regards!