This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Why does my install post to perfora.net?

2 replies to this topic

MonkeyK

MonkeyK
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 18:21

I've been working on making a web install service for one of my company's application. Recently when testing out how the installer uses chache, I noticed a .gif downloaded amidst my .cab files.

The .gif is dowloaded from 217.160.226.229, which seems to evaluate to rcm7.perfora.net. When I try to access the site, I get a session timout error.

Now I know that I do not access that site in my install code. Does anybody know if it is Installshield or Microsoft (or someone else) that is posting data, and just what it is that they are posting from within my install?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:04

perfora.net is registered to 1&1 Internet, a well known provider (InstallSite here is hosted on a server at a sister company of 1&1). I don't think that InstallShield is hosting anything there so I would guess that this is something in your setup. From your description is looks like an access counter. Did you look at the gif?

MonkeyK

MonkeyK
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 19:44

What got downloaded was an access counter. The problem is that I have no idea what was sent.

This was not coded in my setup. I started trying to log it, but since logging I have not seen the .gif.