This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component (auto??) detection

5 replies to this topic

ketchupix

ketchupix
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 14:13

My problem is, that I have a setup with components available for selection. Run the setup but if I run it again on the previous setup (to Modify), all the components are checked out, even if some of them weren't selected previously.
My question is, how the setup "remembers" which components were installed? I would like make a setup which whenever I re-apply the installation the component detection is always correct.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:10

This is like question number one with IS.

There's no automatic remebering of the selected components.  You would need to save this information off to a file and then re-check the items appropriately.

You'll find several threads on this forum regarding this topic.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:38

This should work, as long as you don't call a setup type dialog (or a function that sets the setup type) in maintenance mode.

ketchupix

ketchupix
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:40

ThanX!

ketchupix

ketchupix
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 15:54

ThanX again!Although, I think it  would be better to save the required information in the registry.But, already now, this is my problem!:)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 18:46

Yeah, using the registry would work too.  Either way, it's the same idea in the end.