This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing the VirtualPath during install

2 replies to this topic

kerber

kerber
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:01

I'd like the user to be able to change the name of a virtual path during the installation.
I create a dialog where the user can specify a name for "Virtual Path". The name is stored in a VIRTUALPATH property. The field "VRootName" in the ISVRoot table contains the value "[VIRTUALPATH]". However during installation the property is not queried and set as the name of the virtual path. Does anyone have an idea how i should handle/solve this problem? I am thinking of updating the field "VRootName" after changing the VIRTUALPATH property.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:43

How are you setting the property?

Have you create a dialog that the user can choose the path for?

If the user can set a value during the install, you will then have to setup the feature/component to install to this directory.

kerber

kerber
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 08:03

I have created a dialog that sets the property. The virtual path in iis is not a physical path on the harddisk, therefore I am using [INSTALLDIR]. The virtual path property should be mapped to the
"VRootName" field of the "ISVRoot" table, so that i can use the standard methods of devloper 8 to setup a new web application.

If any one knows an approach to solve this problem, please let me know.