This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

proper condition

3 replies to this topic

agustina_s

agustina_s
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:02

Hi...

I have created a custom action named reboot which is meant to reboot the PC after installation.

I want to do reboot only when the user do a fresh install or when they do an upgrade(minor/major).

I don't want to reboot when the user do modification or repair (from the Add/Remove Program List).

I have set the condition of the custom action to REMOVE<>"ALL" and NOT MAINTENANCE.

Howeve, it still prompt for reboot when the user finish the modification from maintenance.

I heard that MAINTENANCE can only be used for InstallScript project. Whereas my installer is built using Basic MSI.

Is there any way to do this?
I welcome any suggestion.
Thank you in advanced.

KapilMarwah

KapilMarwah
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 17:21

Firstly, do you know that a minor upgrade of a product can be done by reinstalling (repairing) it using REINSTALLMODE=vomus.

So if you want to run the action only when your product is not already installed then use the condition 'Not Installed'.

Kapil

agustina_s

agustina_s
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:38

Hi Kapil
I can't use the condition Not Installed, because it is refering to minor upgrade only. In this case the condition will be false for major upgrade and new installation.

Actually the one that I want is the condition whether it is a maintenance or installation.

In the Add/Remove program list, user can click Change and then they will go to the Maintenance Welcome dialog box.

If they click Modify/Repair, the installer will do some reinstallation. In this case I don't want to reboot the PC.

Is there any way to do this?
Thanks

agustina_s

agustina_s
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:41

Hi Kapil it works for condition REMOVE<>"ALL" and Not Installed.
Thanks a lot....