This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FindAllFiles runs wild

1 reply to this topic

BobT

BobT
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 17:16

I have a function that moves all the files in a directory that gets passed to it when the function is called.  I search the directory with FindAllFiles using *.* to locate all the files in the directory and use RenameFile to move them.  I call the function in the Installing event passing it the TargetDirectory as the directory to search.  I am getting some reports that after moving the files in the directory that is passed to it, the function starts searching random directories or drives.  Anyone have any idea what would cause this behavior?  Our application is almost always installed on WinNT so I don’t know if it is an OS specific problem.  I have not been able to reproduce the problem.  When the user ran a repair after the problem, the function worked correctly, only moving files in the directory.  Any ideas on what caused FindAllFiles to go wild?

TIA
BobT

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 21:01

There may be a logic problem if you are recursing.  Or you may be missing the CANCEL optioned findallfiles you must do after searching to reset any future searches.
Lasenbby