This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Not able to change d packagecode frm command line

2 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:39

Hi ,

Currently i am trying to automate the setup creation process for our product, and i want to change the package code for each build through command line , for this i am trying to use the below format which builds the setup through command line.

IsCmdBld.exe -p "Setup.ism" -y "7.11.00" -z Package Code={ABCD2735-DAFA-4E17-A034-98AC37472F65}

Here the product version is updated since its a windows installer property but Package code is not getting updated, because its not a windows installer property.Is there any way i can change this property value through command prompt or can i change this property to windows installer property.

Regards,
Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 14:09

If your project is configured to auto-generate PackageCode upon build (which is the default for new projects) I'd expect that the command line builder will automatically generate a new PackageCode for you. Does this not work for you?

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:40

Hi Stefan,

I will try to enable the property , generate the package code for every build under releases view and check whether it works for my case.

Regards.
Balaji

Edited by balaji4u, 29 July 2011 - 04:58.