This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

replace user action

3 replies to this topic

Genadi

Genadi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 15:55

How can I replace the below actions with a script in Installshield 6.2
Start->run->services.msg->select IMPI->dbl.Click->select automation->
start->Ok->Close

Bobtcny

Bobtcny
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 14:15

If you are trying to set a service start setting to automatic, you can do this through the registry. The two keys you need to access are HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IMPI and HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\IMPI. There should be a dword value in both those keys named Start. If you change the value to 2 in both keys, that will set the service to automatically run at startup.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 14:52

I was wondering the same thing Bobtcny, but wasn't sure since services.msg doesn't exist for me and by the use of Automation instead of Automatic.

If such is the case though, then CurrentControlSet is sufficient. CurrentControlSet00x are just copies that are automatically created & maintained by Windows.

Edited by Taco Bell, 09 February 2004 - 15:10.

user posted image

Bobtcny

Bobtcny
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 19:32

I don't have services.msg either, figured it was a typo for services.msc. In my testing, I found that I needed to set the value in controlset001 too.