This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

one installation for clean install and Upgrade

3 replies to this topic

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 18:03

Hi All,

I have an installation which has a  CA that uninstalls any older versions when it installs. (thanks to some help from Installsite!!)

I have a condition on this CA of NOT INSTALLED, so that it only runs when it is first put on.

However my problem is this, if i run that installation on a clean machine I get an Internal error 2743, the CA that uninstalls existing applications is initiatiated, and this causes the error.

What condition could i put on this to have one installation for a clean install or an upgrade?
Or am I not supposed to have an installation that does both?  
Thanks for any replies
Berni

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 21:21

NOT INSTALLED
should be
NOT Installed
capital I small nstalled

However if the product code / version is different then Installed does not exist because it isn't.  So you need to find it with appsearch or upgrade table/FindReleatedProducts.

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 10:56

Hi Ian
Thanks for the reply,

Could i ask though,
at the minute i have an installation for people who dont have my software, and an upgrade one for those who do.
Is it possible to have one installation for both?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 15:45

I have never understood why you have gone to the length of your custom uninstallation.  The behavour you are requesting is exactly what the well  documented Major Upgrade does. (I know it is a little complicated but it does work very well).