This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install .NET Framework 2.0 with SP1

2 replies to this topic

tbliss

tbliss
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 17:55

I have InstallShield 12 and also InstallShield 2008. I'm wondering if there is a simple way to get around this issue.

The application I am installing creates a service which depends on .NET 2.0, SP1 and attempts to start this service. As far as I can tell, though, IS will only install the base framework for 2.0 and not the SP. Therefore, the service cannot start and the installation fails. I can't launch the SP install as part of a custom action because of the single-threaded nature of MSI. The only other choices are then to make sure .NET 2.0 with SP1 is installed prior to launching my install or don't set the service to start automatically and launch an application post-install to put the service pack on and start the service. Neither of those options sounds very good to me.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Tim

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:36

You can use/define a Setup Prerequisite to install .NET 2.0 SP1.

Edited by nrivers, 29 September 2008 - 08:36.

tbliss

tbliss
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 21:12

Thanks for the input. I had not used that feature of InstallShield and didn't realize you could build custom pre-requisites. I wasn't able to get the .NET 2.0 framework to load before this pre-requisite even though I selected the check box: Requires Windows Installer engine and/or .NET Framework to be installed first. I built two additional pre-requisites, one each for .NET 2.0 and WI3.1. This works just fine now.

Tim