This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Single-click builds???

1 reply to this topic

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 10:45

Hi there,

I have created quite a large installation.
We have a "main project" which displays all the dialogs etc, and all the file installs, shortcuts,  registry env vars etc are done in more than 30 different merge modules.

At the moment, every time some of the files are updated (not even new files, just existing ones have been updated), we are rebuilding each affected module, and then rebuilding the main project.

Is there a way to set the main project to rebuild each module, before building itself?

OR

Has anyone encountered a situation like this?
Any better ways to do it?

Thanks and Regards,
Bryan Dickson
[br]Senior Software Engineer
[br]Fugro-UDI Limited

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 08:43

I have our setup building in a build system. This then automatically rebuild all of the components each time it gets kicked of.

You could do this then maybe add the functionality to see if files have been changed, then run the certain modules that have the changed files in.

What product are your using to created your setup? I know that Install Shield has an automation interface, which should be able to be configured to do this for you.