This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi Disk Installation

4 replies to this topic

tsvare

tsvare
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 17:55

Hello,

I've got a multi-disk installation that is exhibiting strange behavior in maintenance mode. The first CD completes and the installation prompts for the second CD. The installation finishes and if the user select 'Yes' reboot the machine I get a dialog box titled 'Windows - Wrong Volume' with the message 'The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume <first CD> into drive D:.'. I don't have any ideas as to what is causing this. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:40

Most likely because it wants the first CD since that's where the setup was originally ran from. I'd suggest manually switching CDs prior to the reboot, and if that does the trick, adding such a prompt to your InstallScript.

Edited by Taco Bell, 04 November 2003 - 01:40.

user posted image

tsvare

tsvare
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 15:41

Hello,

I think the below will work, however I have an autorun.inf file on the first CD that causes the the install to kick off. Is there any way to suppress the autorun programatically?

Thanks,
Tom

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 01:27

There's nothing below. Did you mean the above?

It is possible to disable the autorun functionality, but unfortunately, I don't know the exact registry entry hack.
user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 01:33

There's nothing below. Did you mean the above?

Also, it is possible to disable the autorun functionality, but unfortunately, I don't know the exact registry entry hack.

To try and figure it out though, I would apply TweakUI and use RegMon to try and capture the registry modifcation as I toggle the autorun data CD setting.

Edited by Taco Bell, 06 November 2003 - 01:33.

user posted image