This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Process of my setup is not closed after finish

1 reply to this topic

abrasha

abrasha
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:17

Hello,

My project is a pure InstallScript project.
The result is a packaged(!) setup (MySetupProject.exe)

After the last dialog is closed (I press Finish button), it takes 15-20 seconds for its process to be closed (process "MySetupProject.exe" with description "InstallScript Setup Launcher"). It happens on my pretty powerful PC (Win 7).
In case I execute the setup on a weak computers (virtuals) it may take 2-3 minutes. All this time the original file (MySetupProject.exe) is locked by the process.

You can see recorded video here:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NTLCasHpM2s

How can I cause to the process be closed immediately after last dialog is closed?

Thank you

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 17:12

At a guess, part of the problem is using a single-file executable for your release method. At the beginning, the exe has to manage extracting the installation files. At the end, the exe has to manage removing the install files.

You may want to use the procmon tool from sysinternals.com. That will show what files and registry keys each process is opening.