This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Oleaut32.msm

4 replies to this topic

chowe

chowe
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 14:49

Can someone please send me correct "condition"ed Oleaut32.msm. I have entered (Version9X) OR (VersionNT < 500) into the component table, under the condition column, but am paranoid that this is incorrect.

therefore if someone could please furnish myself with a corrected version or provide a link to one, I would be extremely grateful.

Also I have a customer that when they install our software, Norton Antivirus on thier laptop auto repairs itself (several times a week), till our software is removed, how can i debug this problem? or what may be causing the problem.

Cheers

Colin

Edited by chowe, 21 April 2004 - 14:49.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:21

Microsoft's license agreement doesn't allow redistribution of modified merge modules.

To debaug the auto-repair issue please see this article:

"Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?"

http://www.microsoft...ent/msi_faq.asp

chowe

chowe
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:22

cheers, will get customer to send in their event log.

if we are unable to send modified msm's can people send original working msm's as some are written correctly?

also is the above method for correcting the msm install condition correct, if so then i dont need a new one anyway.

cheers for your help with debugging the msi errors etc

colin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 15:21

The condition is okay

chowe

chowe
  • Members