This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Getting Error 1334 while installing setup

2 replies to this topic

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:36

Hi,

I have migrated my IS 12 project to IS 2009. I have created a setup with the migrated project. I haven't done any changes in the ISM file (after upgradation to IS 2009) . While installing the setup Iam getting error as:
Error 1334.The file ‘newGen.gif' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

But the gif file is located in the cabinet file.....

I found out that in IS 12 ism file, the image file name looks like "newGen.gif" - Actuall file contains exactly the same name (some are capital and some are small). After converting IS 12 ISM to IS 2009 ISM file, all the image file name in ISM are saving as small letters only - something like "newgen.gif". This causes the problem.

Can any body help me out in why IS 2009 is saving file names as small letters only.... (I have saved ISM in XML format. after that opened the file in a notepad and traced out the changes).

Can anybody help me in resolving this issue. .................

Thanks in advance ...

Edited by vPanchumarthi, 08 July 2009 - 05:11.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:53

You might need to raise this with install shield. It could be a bug.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:38

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The problem lies in the previous package option which I have added to my ISM project. I have modified the reference package to one of the latest major upgrade release of my project.

Once again thanks for your reply smile.gif