This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installation problem

1 reply to this topic

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:18

Scenario:
Installscript

1. build installscript project
2. install the newly build project
3. then rebuild the project
4. install the newly build project (it opens the maintenance dialog)

Basic MSI
1. build installscript project
2. install the newly build project
3. then rebuild the project
4. install the newly build project (it has an error, the error message is another version is running)

how can i make the basic msi same behavior as in the installscript, i want that even i have a new build and there is an existing installed same product on my machine it will open the maintenance dialog.

hope you can help me with this, if my question is unclear just tell me i will rephrse it. thank you very much

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 21:52

You *could* do this by disabling the automatic PackageCode generation. But you *should not* do this, as this can cause all sorts of errors, and it violates the MSI rules. What are you trying to do? Test the update install? Or test the new version without having to manually uninstall the existing version? I the first case: create a Minor or Major Upgrade, depending on your requirements. USe the Update settings view for this. In the latter case, there's an option in the IDE that lets you automatically uninstall the old version when you launch the new version.