This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using Custom Dialog

2 replies to this topic

BillK

BillK
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 22:02

I have gone into the dialogs section and added a new dialog.  How do I display the dialog that I have created.  This is being done on a standard project.  

I need help from the start.  I can't seem to find anything in the help library.

Thanks,

Vasilios

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 15:19

Open the resources of _IsUser1033.dll file using C++, it is created at compile time and will exist in your project folder. Identify the dialog and its resource IDs (the dialog itself and any controls you placed onto the dialog).

Define the IDs at the top of the rul file. In the .rul file, at the appropriate location, use the functions "EzDefineDialog" and "WaitOnDialog" to display and process the messages from the dialog. Look in the Installscript help for these functions where there is a good example to go by as well.
D. Ruben
Legato Systems, Inc.

badejo

badejo
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 16:36

I had a similar issue, and I was able to find a document from the Installshield knowledge base that helped walk me through it, as well as providing a basic custom dialog I could import and a couple of script functions that call the dialog.  I was able to manipulate those to meet my needs.  

Search for "show custom dialog" or similar on the Installshield knowledge base.  The instructions are not totaly clear, but it will point you in the right direction.

Good luck.