This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Modify Option

3 replies to this topic

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2002 - 23:53

Hi All,

My test team has done it again.  Once the app is installed, they access the Maintenance page.  Then select "modify" and uncheck all components and complete the maintenance.  Now a bug is logged that after you do this, and try to start the program, they get an error message, the app can't run!!!!  Surprise!

Has anyone run into this situation?  I've thought of several options, like disabling the "Next" button if all components are unchecked, or not allowing them to uncheck all boxes.  I thought I'd check to see if someone else has tackled this problem before and if so, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Becky

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 01:54

I don't use an event-based model, but I have similar problems when people re-run my setup.

I'd suggest making is so that the Program Files component cannot be deslected and consequently removed.

Thanks to a suggestion on this forum, I was able to do this by having include a dummy component which required the Program Files and then marking it not visible.

You could also just make Program Files invisible, but I think this makes a product update look less significant.

To each his/her own though.  Either one would work.

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 21:23

Thanks, it took me a while, but I got back to this.  I like the first suggestion the best.

Becky

Becky Nichols

Becky Nichols
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2002 - 21:24

Thanks, it took me a while, but I got back to this.  I like the first suggestion the best.

Becky