This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Errors using same project

2 replies to this topic

doubli

doubli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 20:21

When I first started work on my Installsheild project, I compiled with a DEMO_RELEASE flag, this was released with no problems

We then needed to roll out a bigger version with a FULL_RELEASE flag. They need to act like seperate products, so you could have the demo and the full installer on the same machine at the same time

When I first started running the FULL_RELEASE build, it would always ask me to remove, repair or modify so I changed the GUID of the project

However, when I try to install the FULL_RELEASE one it gives me a 2711 error. So then I realised perhaps I needed to updated the GUID of each component.

I did this, but still it gives me the error just after I tell it what type of install I want (typical, custom, minimal)

Any ideas how to get round this?

doubli

doubli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 20:23

This error only appears when the DEMO version is installed on the same machine. If I take that off and run the FULL one it works fine. It appears there is a conflict?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:50

First, you must always change the PackageCode - to avoid misleading error messages.

If you want to install both versions side by side, they must have different ProductCodes.