This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

can't update component in merge modules

1 reply to this topic

agustina_s

agustina_s
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:58

Hi..

I have a master installer with 2 merge modules.
However, when I changed one of the component in the merge modules, the changes only takes effect during new installation. During minor upgrade, the component of merge modules is not updated.

This is the warning created during the built of the master installer.
Val0010: The data in component 'IILAPI.dll.4ECDCEF2_BD31_46F1_A7ED_D2554ADE2E25' differs from the previous setup. However, this component will not reinstall in an upgrade scenario. Therefore, the changes will not be applied to the target system during the upgrade. Table: 'FeatureComponents' Record: 'CCVT;IILAPI.dll.4ECDCEF2_BD31_46F1_A7ED_D2554ADE2E25' c:\docume~1\agusti~1\locals~1\temp\30c\aavt.msi
Val0010: The data in component 'IILServer.exe.4ECDCEF2_BD31_46F1_A7ED_D2554ADE2E25' differs from the previous setup. However, this component will not reinstall in an upgrade scenario. Therefore, the changes will not be applied to the target system during the upgrade. Table: 'FeatureComponents' Record: 'CCVT;IILServer.exe.4ECDCEF2_BD31_46F1_A7ED_D2554ADE2E25' c:\docume~1\agusti~1\locals~1\temp\30c\aavt.msi

I have checked val0010
http://helpnet.insta...io9/Val0010.htm

It gives me 3 options :
Corrective Action
You have the following three options:

1.Update the key file for the component so that the component will reinstall in an upgrade scenario.
2.Add the altered data to another "New" component instead of the existing component.
3.Do a major upgrade instead of a Small or Minor Upgrade.

I absolutely can't do major upgrade.
And it is not wise to add the component as new component, because the master installer will detect that there is a new component and will once again ask for major upgrade.

What does it mean by Update the key file for the component so that the component will reinstall in an upgrade scenario?

Both files that are listed in the warning are key files for that merge modules.
The new files has the same version and size with the old one, however the modified date is different.
The new files has newer modified date.

I have tried to delete the file with warning from the component then add the file back to the component. But no different. Still got the warning.

Is there any way to solve this problem?
Any help is appreciated.
Regards

Agustina

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:38

Date doesn't matter. If the file has a version you must increment the version number.