This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

What state am I in

1 reply to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 00:35

Hi

I have an installation program that runs pretty well as long as the user just does a "first time" install.  If they install it, then choose Modify, I have some problems.
Most of the conditions I use to determine what screens should come next on the Next and Back buttons are like (&Feature1 >= 3).  I think when they choose modify things are not like I expect.  
What state is a feature in if it was not originally installed, but it is now selected in the maintenance?
How should I test for this.
What about if a feature was installed but the user has now deselected it?  Is it supposed to get uninstalled?  Is there an easier way than writing a million events on the Next button for all these situations?

I am using ISDev 7.02

Thank you,
Joe

gunaveluj

gunaveluj
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2002 - 17:23

use &FeatureName for features that are yet to be installed and !FeatureName for features that are already installed. Values could be 0,1,2,3 for Install form source, run locally, Advertise and Will not be installed (not sure about the order..).