This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Restart message keeps popping up

2 replies to this topic

labboypro

labboypro
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 15:59

I'm seeing an occasional popup that says --

"You must restart your system for the configration changes  made to BitBlaster 2000 to take effect. Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart later "

This is on a system that has already been installed, and that has made my required reboot.  Any of you experts out there... is there anything inside of the IS workings that could be causing this popup to recur?  Maybe it thinks it's in a repair or something???  I don't know.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

The package was made usince IW2.01

Thanks,

Kenneth

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 16:14

I suggest you take a look at the log file and find what the installer thinks it is doing.  Generate the logfile by setting the policy registry key.

With the logfile you will be able to see what the installer is trying to reinstall or repair and address the problem.

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 17:53

Hi,
If any file you replacing is in use or if you update any system file, Windows Installer will prompt for a reboot.
The only way I know to avoid this behavior is to launch your installation with the following parameter :  "REBOOT=ReallySupress"
Hopeit helps.
Regards.
JSP