This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstalling from Add/Remove vs install kit

2 replies to this topic

Florin

Florin
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 18:02

I have a install kit created with IS 2.03,  and the following problem: when uninstalling from the original setup.exe file (Start installer and select Remove) all files are removed BUT when uninstalling from Add/Remove all the files that are removed through script or through calls to dll or exe files are left behind. All the exe/dll file that I use are also installed during the install procedure.

Anyone any idea, PLEASE?
:)

Thanks,
Florin

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 20:21

You mean there are some files that you delete using a custom action written in script or DLL? Note that the uninstall button from control panel (in Windows 200/XP) performs a silent uninstall, i.e. the Install UI Sequence is not being processed. If your CAs are placed in the UI sequence (which they should not be) they won't be called. (Same if you perform silent install or uninstall using the command line).
Any customa ction that modifies the target system should be deferred and in execute sequence between Installinitialize and InstallFinalize, and should have a corresponding rollback action.

Florin

Florin
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 17:43

Thanks for the response.

My dll/exe calls are all placed in the execute sequence. I will try to resolve the problem by making the remove button call on a normal execution of the msi file (not silent), but only after I figure out how to do this :).

Thanks