This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installer Class CA Uninstall problem

1 reply to this topic

rgraham

rgraham
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:58

I have created an Installer class in VS.NET to perform a Custom Action.

The class is created in the usual fashion - it inherits from the Installer class and overrides the Install, Commit, Rollback, and Uninstall methods.

The Custom Action performed is compilation of VB.NET applications to Native Images. The Installer class is designed somewhat like the walkthrough in MSDN that describes compiling to native images during an installation.

But I have extended the MSDN custom action to allow me to input multiple executables. So I have a property string with parameters like

/ImageCount=2 /Image1=[TARGETDIR]MyApp1 /Image2=[TARGETDIR]MyApp2

and then I call ngen.exe in a loop to compile all the specified files on the target machine.

This part works fine.

However, during the Uninstall method I have also added code to delete the specified Native Images from the Native Image Cache (this is not described in the MSDN). Again I am inputting the properties from the install, so the savedState property is a non issue.

The NativeImageCompiler dll that contains the CA code is marked as permanent, so uninstalling this DLL before the CA is called is also not the problem.

The uninstall runs without errors, but does not execute the ngen /delete <imagename> code in my custom action, and I believe the problem is the Uninstall action is never called.

Any insight into this problem??

Thanks,

Robert

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 17:39

A log file will tell you what really happens.