This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

logFile in setup.ini

2 replies to this topic

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 14:23

HI!
I'm setting the cmdLine in the setup.ini as follows

CmdLine=/Lomrwiepacu %TEMP%\MyLog.log

But this doesnt't works nothing happens. setting the cmdLine with an absolute path the log file will be created (C:\...).

Any idea?

Heike

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 08:47

I can't tell you for sure, but somewhere (sorry, I forgot where it was) I read that this behaviour depends on the version of "setup.exe" used by your setup. All elder versions (from ISWi 1.1/1.5/2.0 and I think of ISD 7.0 to 7.02) don't resolve environment variables contained in the CmdLine variable.

Normally it's the job of the command line interpreter (cmd.exe on Win NT for example) to resolve such environment variables and replace them with their "real" value and give the resolved commandline to the app being executed. In case of the CmdLine variable in "setup.ini" it's "setup.exe" which has to resolve the variables and give them to the installer (msiexec.exe).

If setup.exe doesn't resolve it, then msiexec will get "%temp%\MyLog.log" as path to the logfile - and that's a bad path, because this directory (%temp%) doesn't exist.
h.teichert-ott

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 06:54

Thanks for explanation!

Heike